Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Mind-Shifting Imagery with Elizabeth-Anne Stewart, PCC
Although Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart originally developed Image Guidance as a therapeutic process, she saw it that it also had applications for life coaching which would be fully aligned with the International Coach Federation’s core competencies and Code of Ethics. Used as a forward-focusing tool rather than as a strategy for re-visiting the past, Image Guidance offers a doorway into self-knowledge (I know who I am) and self-awareness (I understand my dreams, desires, fantasies, motivations and purpose, as well as the limiting beliefs that are stopping me from living the life I want to lead). By listening to a client’s images and encouraging a dialogue between the client and the image, the coach can facilitate a process of discovery that is both brief and effective. Image Guidance is not a “coaching method” but it offers another “tool of the trade” which coaches can use on certain occasions for accessing the imagination and for accompanying their clients in ways that are safe and enlightening. The imagination is one of the “places” where we encounter the Self in powerful ways; it is in this sanctuary that we can listen most attentively, feel most deeply, be most creative and receive the greatest clarity. For many, however, accessing this dimension of Self is a challenge. Our rational self tells us that journeying into the imagination is child’s play; or fear convinces us that the imagination is filled with terrifying specters that could turn our lives upside down. Instead of taking the mysterious journey inwards, we remain on the surface, satisfied with what is safe, rote and predictable. However, if we are seeking Awakening, either for ourselves or for our coaching clients, imagery is the perfect tool to make this happen!
In this interactive workshop, coaches will learn to use aspects of Image Guidance in all forms of coaching, from spiritually-based coaching to executive coaching. Applications include but are not limited to:
• Encouraging clients to identify and describe emotions such as fear, frustration, excitement, enthusiasm;
• Fostering awareness so that clients can identify and name “blocks” to their success, thereby reducing their negative energy, allowing them to become “unstuck”;
• Assisting clients to imagine new possibilities and outcomes and to work towards specific goals;
• Working with clients to prioritize, take action and evaluate;
• Affirming clients’ hopes and dreams while re-enforcing their belief in their own gifts;
• Supporting clients in their desire to accept new positions of leadership or areas of professional or personal responsibility etc.
Participants in this program will:
1. Recognize and interpret the metaphors, symbols, and archetypes that occur and re-occur in their own lives;
2. Recognize and help their clients recognize and interpret the metaphors, symbols, and archetypes that occur and re-occur in their lives;
3. Deepen their listening skills by hearing the text beneath the symbols;
4. Ask more powerful questions by facilitating conversations between the client and his or her image;
5. Be more present to clients as they move beyond ordinary speech into the realm of imagery;
6. Learn how to use brief, safe and effective imagery interventions when a client seems "stuck."
7. Apply the insights from image guidance to designing actions for further growth or awareness.
Participants will earn 1 Core Competency CCE for attending this webinar.
Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart, PCC, is a board-certified life coach, author, and spiritual director with over thirty years’ experience offering inner guidance, retreats, and seminars. Born in England and raised on the Mediterranean island of Malta, she coaches clients to stretch beyond limitations and embrace the possible, accessing the extraordinary capacities within; she also serves as a Writing Coach, working with clients both in-person and remotely. One of her specialties is the use of imagery both in therapeutic and life coaching/ spiritual direction contexts. In 1989, she developed “Image Guidance,” a powerful tool that helps clients access their inner wisdom through their own unique images; over the years, she has worked with countless clients and has presented her research to professional organizations across the country. On faculty at Roosevelt University, St. Xavier University and the Institute for Life Coach Training (ILCT), she holds a Ph.D. in Theology from the University of Malta and has published 12 books, including her recent work, Mind-Shifting Imagery: Image Guidance for Life Coaches; she is a member of Spiritual Directors International (SDI) and the International Coach Federation (ICF). You can learn more about her at https://www.elizabeth-annestewart.com
All virtual events are 12-1 pm Central/ 1-2 pm Eastern.
Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 12:00 PM until 1:00 PM
online via Zoom
Join details will be sent 24 hours prior to the webinar
Payment In Full In Advance Only